Everybody who has scanned stock image sites looking for just the right photo has come across pictures that make you stop and scratch your head. Below is a series of awkward, puzzling or straight-out ridiculous stock photos we’ve come across while embarking on our musical image searches.
Reader beware: this blog post contains instrument abuses, clowns, and plenty of bad jokes.
1. You play? Nah, just horsing around.
2. When practice goes downhill, fast.
3. I suggested he start with soprano sax.
4. Maybe no one will notice.
5. Will someone get the window?
6. How I feel auditioning.
7. You’re definitely not doing it right.
8. OK, this one’s totally relatable.
9. Again, not doing it right.
10. Oh deer.
11. The one-man band seemed like a good idea…
12. Nope, no way, not right.
13. Senior picture idea?
14. If he struggles through “Wonderwall” one more time…
15. Is the violin tiny, or is he huge?
16. We’re missing synchronized swim practice for this?
17. No, just no.
18. This is what nightmares are made of.
19. Come to my Oktoberfest party, he said. It’ll be fun, he said.
20. Who is seriously looking for photos of people eating instruments? Why are there so many?
21. And what is with these clowns?
22. Another senior portrait idea…
23. When you really want to nap, but know you should practice.
24. This is just… disturbing.
25. Ha Ha Ha, poor musician joke. Ugh.
Which ridiculous stock image was your favorite? Have good caption ideas? Why so many clowns and instrument eaters? Leave your comments below!